For information about privacy generally, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner Contact us — OAIC
- The personal information we collect and hold
- How we collect and hold personal information
- The purposes for which we collect, hold, and use your personal information, including overseas and why.
- Your right to access, collect and amend your personal information
- How we protect your personal information
- How you can contact us to make a Privacy complaint.
Why AUR collect and handle your personal information?
We collect, hold, use, and disclose your personal information so that we can provide goods and services to you, improve, and personalise our services for you and operate our business effectively, but this is not limited to:
- Managing your requests for products and services, including deliveries, processing payments, and providing refunds and discounts.
- Responding to feedback or concerns you have regarding our products and services.
- Registering and servicing your account, including keeping your information up-to-date and verifying your identity.
- Communicating and selling our products, services, and promotions (including personalised direct marketing via e-mail and catalogues).
- Advertising our goods and services to you via our website or social media platforms.
- Requesting feedback through surveys and research so that we can improve our products and services.
- Improving our business operational processes to enhance your customer experience.
- Record your feedback and product reviews.
- To work with our service providers.
- Safety, security, instigative, fraud, and loss prevention activities.
- Facilitating transactions like mergers, acquisitions, and transitions of businesses.
- Complying with our legal obligations and protecting and defending our legal rights and interests.
- Assist with COVID-19 contact tracing
- Interacting with Regulators and relevant government entities; and
- As otherwise required or permitted by law.
What personal information AUR collects
The types of personal information we collect for the purposes listed include but are not limited to:
- Your identity and contact details: this may include your full name, residential address, e-mail address, telephone number(s), age, and gender.
- Basic household information including the number and ages of people in your household
- Financial transaction information: this includes payment cards and transaction history.
- Location information: our websites or apps might ask for location information to help better serve you information and, if you have given permission to our app, device data to help serve relevant information about nearby stores or information applicable to your region.
- User data: information about you as a customer of our stores and how you engage with our products and services. For example, transactional data, product purchases, interests, the feedback you provide on your shopping experience, and audio and video footage captured in-store and within facilities.
- Usage and Interaction data: details of how you interact with our products and services including what you click on and interact with across our websites.
- Contact history: details of your contact and interactions
- Marketing and communications data: this includes your marketing preferences, channel preferences, and your interaction with our digital marketing services.
You have the option to engage with us anonymously. However, if you choose to interact with AUR anonymously, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you or make some offers available to you without your personal information. For example, we may not be able to deliver items ordered online to your home address if you do not provide us with your residential address.
How AUR collect and hold your personal information
We collect your personal information when you interact or transact with us. This includes, but is not limited to when you:
- Visit a store, make a purchase in-store, or place an order online.
- Registering for a service where we collect personal information.
- Participate in loyalty programs.
- Participate in a promotion, competition, or survey.
- Request customer service or contact us (including by email and telephone).
- Post a review or comment on one of our websites or social media pages, or post a rating, a review, or other user-generated content on our websites or apps; or,
- Use our related websites, apps, social media, and other digital services
We may also collect personal information from third parties including from:
- Public sources (for example, in public registers or social media).
- Providers who administer products and services.
- Anyone authorised to act on your behalf.
We may also generate new personal information from time to time – for example, reports or analysis based on other information we hold about you. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy, at our offices, stores, and with the assistance of our service providers. We implement a range of measures, including people, process, and technology controls to protect the security of your personal information. Examples of these measures include:
- Access to personal information is controlled through access and identity management systems.
- Team members are bound by internal confidentiality and information security policies that require them to keep personal information always secure.
- Protecting personal information in accordance with the Office of the Information Commissioner’s Guide to Securing Personal Information; and,
- Maintaining an ongoing security program where we invest continually in cyber security.
Our security controls are continually reviewed to protect your personal information appropriately. We hold your details until you tell us you no longer wish to receive future communications from us and then we will suppress your information within 3 business days of an opt-put being received.
How AUR share your personal information
We often work co-operatively with external service providers and third parties who carry out specific functions on our behalf, so that we can provide you with goods and services and carry out the nominated activities. These third parties assist us with the below services, which include, but are not limited to:
- Independently owned and operated business partners
- Technology services including application development, technical support, processing, storing, hosting, and analysing data.
- Processing payments.
- Communicating our offers and promotions to you.
- Product development and market research.
- Store security and investigative, fraud, loss prevention, and safety activities.
- Business advisory services, such as our lawyers, accountants, or other professional service providers to the extent reasonably required; and,
- Administrative services, including mailing services, printing, archival, and contact management services.
Other third parties we share personal information with include:
- Your representatives.
- Department of Health or their nominated contract COVID-19 tracing agencies
- police, courts, government agencies, and lawyers, in connection with regulatory and legal investigations and processes; and
- parties involved in business transfer transactions (and prospective transactions).
We use systems, customer service teams and service providers located within Australia and in overseas locations that include USA, Hong Kong, India, Israel, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Cambodia, and Vietnam. We may share personal information with third parties in these countries. From time to time, this list of countries may change.
AUR Digital service privacy
AUR operates a range of websites, mobile apps, email services, online advertisements, and social media profiles, which are collectively known as Digital Services. We want you to be confident that your personal information is being used to offer you a better and more personalised experience. We and our suppliers (such as Facebook, Google, Campaign Monitor, and Sprinklr) use various technologies, such as cookies, beacons, tags, and pixels, to personalise and improve your customer experience as you use our Digital Services. Cookies and similar technologies may also help us to detect fraudulent activity or to prevent security breaches and so we may collect information about your device from within the cookie.
These technologies within our Digital Services may be used to do the following:
- Improve the performance of our websites and mobile apps – these technologies can help us to understand how our websites and mobile apps are being used, for example, by telling us if we get an error message as you browse.
- Deliver relevant online advertising, including via social media – these technologies to help us deliver online advertising that we believe is most relevant to you on our websites, other organisations’ websites, and social media. These technologies may collect information about your online behaviour, such as your IP address, the website you arrived from, and information about your purchase history or the content of your shopping basket. This means that you may see our adverts on our websites and on other organisations’ websites. You may also see adverts for other organisations on our websites. To help us deliver online advertising that is relevant to you, we may also combine data we collect through cookies and similar technologies on your devices with other data that we have collected, for example, your use of loyalty cards and in-store purchases.
You can opt-out of receiving promotional email and SMS communications at any time by either:
- Clicking unsubscribe within the AUR email.
- Texting “STOP” to opt-out of SMS.
- AUR Support Office (03) 9809 8600
- In writing to AUR Support Office Level 9, South Wharf Tower, 30 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Victoria, 3006
- In writing, via e-mail [email protected]
Our website contains links to other websites including the websites of FoodWorks members. We are not responsible for the content on those other websites or their privacy practices.
How you can access or correct your personal information held by AUR
If you wish to access or correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us as listed within this policy When making an access request, please provide as much detail as you can about the specific information you seek, to help us retrieve it. Under the Privacy Act and other relevant laws, we are required to provide a written response to you if we are unable to respond to your request, outlining the reasons why we were unable to do so. Where you request AUR to correct information we hold about you, but AUR elects not to make the requested correction, after an investigation, we will provide you with details about your information outlining your position and our decision within 30 days. We may need to consult with other entities as part of our investigation.
If you have any questions or complaints about this Policy or our handling of your personal information, you can contact us as set out in this policy Once a complaint has been lodged, we will let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a full response within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know and we will investigate further and respond to you. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are set out in Section 8.
AUR contact details
Queries regarding privacy should be directed to AUR Support Office EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: (03) 9809 8600
POST: Privacy Officer, Level 9, South Wharf Tower, 30 Convention Centre Place, South Wharf, Victoria 3006
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Email: [email protected]